[Answer ID: 12176]
Is there any problem if the AirStation gets powered down due to power failure?
Created 04/07/2011 09:15 | Updated 04/23/2014 15:48
Power failure does not affect wireless LAN hosts, but it is recommended to unplug the AC cable/adapter from the outlet before the power failure.
Some setup will be needed in the following cases:
- When the wireless LAN host’s NAS function is being used:
If an additional hard disk is connected to the host, unplug it from the host’s USB connector, and turn off the hard disk before the power failure.
- If a screen to enter a username/password is displayed when the power failure is recovered:
- The host might start accessing before the line is identified by the “Internet @ Start” function.
- The host might start accessing before the Internet line becomes able to perform communications.
Exit the Internet browser and start it up again 30 minutes later. If the problem still remains, unplug the wireless LAN host from the outlet and plug it again. Confirm that the status lamp is lighting normally and try to connect to the Internet again.
|To turn off the wireless LAN host on a regular basis:
To shorten the start-up time of the wireless LAN host, if your wireless LAN hosts has the AUTO option of the switch, confirm if the host can access the Internet normally after recovering from power outage by operating the host without using the AUTO option.
- Operate the host with the AUTO option active.
- Operate it with the AUTO option inactive otherwise.
If the problem still remains even after taking such action, set up PPPoE or DHCP manually without using the “Easy Setup” function, and confirm the system operation.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.